Tuesday, November 28, 2006

everyone has a "bad name" in the end

I think I'm a very easy goin' gal for the most part ... things that get me upset/frustrated:

  • stupid people ("Christians" included)
  • arrogant people
  • road kill
  • when I don't understand simple things
  • when others don't understand simple things

So today began like any other normal day ... I woke up late, arrived to work late, worked, ate lunch at my desk while on the internet (including checking both email accounts, browsing MSN.com, and attempting to participate at Yahoo Answers). I enjoy going on Yahoo Answers for many reasons, one is that I'm interested in others' views on life itself and life's many questions. Today I came across this one question:

Why do some christians act like they do no wrong and that they are superiour to others?

i mean seriously has any of you christians read your own history about all the volence hatred? people who are fighting back are the ones who have been hurt by christians in the past and today many christians beat up non christians on the streets or preach where they are not welcomed and some even try to convince non christians that they are going to hell.

When I first read the question, I was going to answer it with some stupid smart ass response because no one really knows who I am, so it's okay.... that's how I answer most questions on that particular website. But then, I clicked on the question, read the paragraph underneath, cringed at the spelling and grammatical errors, scrolled down, began reading all the other answers, and silently yelled at a lot of the people (thinking, of course, that they could hear me)!!

I do not like conflict, I never have, but some of these people seriously just need to be slapped or something drastic like that to wake them up! I realize that Yahoo Answers isn't exactly the "end all" resource for how ignorant people are, but I think the website attracts the majority of the ignoramuses out there.

I guess I just don't understand how people can call themselves Christians and try to answer a question from, obviously, a person who is not a Christian, when they don't even know what the heck they're talking about! These are the morons who make the rest of the normal Christians look foolish. I just feel like NO ONE gets it!

This same principle goes for the people who are not Christians and don't ever want to be a Christian or even hear anything about Christianity. There they are trying to say how awful Christians are by using long elaborate answers of no substance. They don't know what they're talking about either....... I really feel like NO ONE gets it!

The world would be a much better place if everyone knew what they were talking about, but that's never going to happen because the laziest people who don't want anything to do with educating themselves or having intelligent conversations/debates want the most say in everything that happens in the universe. And the non-lazy people who are educated, know what they're talking about, and could so totally change the world don't want to offend anyone so they keep there intelligence traps shut and don't share anything from their brain with anyone... what's the use of their education then?

I don't want to discredit the people, however, who stand strong in what they believe and are well-versed in what they believe and are willing to share it.... in this case, I say, "Converse!"

3 comments:

Daughter of the Most High King said...

I'm with ya, there are a lot of people who just don't get it. And it sucks.


Mel Spears

hippieange83 said...

You may want to consider revising this post for the following reasons:
"I enjoy going on Yahoo Answers for many reasons..."
follwed by
"but I think the website attracts the majority of the ignoramuses out there"

Anonymous said...

angela is right